Building Technology Capacity
- Build movement-led communications and technology infrastructure
- Make access to technology affordable, especially for Global Majority and women
- Build capacity of movement organizations and activists in the use of technology
- Support members’ communications and technology needs
- Enhance communication across international borders
- Advance the use of and develop Free/Libre and Open Source Software
- Contribute to the development of technologies to advance solidarity economies and other alternatives to capitalism and to build just relationships in places where people work.
- Enhance awareness, particularly among members, of political issues surrounding technology
- Engage members in movement work
- Promote and defend internet rights
- Defend privacy, data sovereignty, and security
- Promote respect for cultural rights and linguistic diversity
Approved by the membership in November 2015 as part of our official documents.